Our cross-cultural consultation services are a natural derivation of everyday correspondence with our translation and interpreting clients. When the previous translations of their English documents did not work well for their Japanese audiences, clients wanted to know what needed to be changed. When their business meetings with their Japanese business partners did not go well, they wanted to know how to communicate better the next time.
We started to receive inquiries from others who wanted to be prepared for their various business and personal dealings with their Japanese counterparts. Our clients often want to know:
- How to solve company-wide communication problems between Japanese and American employees
- How to answer questions during Japanese press interviews
- How to give effective business presentations to Japanese audiences
- How to prevent awkward silences at business dinners
- How to prepare for their first business trip to Japan
- How to make seating arrangements and prepare foods that are appropriate for their Japanese guests
As researchers and interpreters, we attend numerous bilingual business meetings, legal proceedings, press conferences, academic presentations, and trade shows. Based on the wealth of information we have accumulated from our experiences, we can offer you effective solutions that are practical and up to date.
© Ohnaka & Associates, Inc.